In addition to covering all of the material covered in the Basic Fire Fighting Course, the Intermediate Fire Fighting Course trains students on how to effectively use hand-operated firefighting equipment. This popular training includes both firefighter rescue and fire prevention.
The second day is held at a training site that allows for practical firefighting demonstrations, such as the Fire Department grounds, where all students engage in extended practical firefighting exercises.
- Various activities will be completed during class as well as for homework.
- Written assessment and practical exercise to be completed at the end of the course
- Learners need to achieve a minimum of 60%.
The course equips learners with the basic principles of assessing an emergency situation, contacting the emergency services as quickly as possible and while awaiting their arrival, candidates will be able to perform basic skills required to sustain life. Learners will be able to:
- Types Of Fires
- What Are The Common Causes Of Workplace Fires?
- Fire Prevention
- Fire Fighting
- Fighting Fire
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Methods Of Carrying An Injured Person
- Care And Maintenance Of Fire Equipment
- Report/ Record The Status Of Fire And Equipment
- Fire Risk Assessment & Hazard Control
- On-Field Practical Sessions