Learners wishing to acquire the competencies in this course will be people working at heights where there is a risk of injury from a fall. Learners will be involved in performing tasks at height. Qualifying learners are able to take responsibility for the inspection and installation of fall arrest systems and for implementing fall protection plans and rescues.
- Various activities will be completed during class as well as for homework.
- Written assessment and practical exercise to be completed at the end of the course
- Learners need to achieve a minimum of 60%.
Delegates will be equipped with the skills and knowledge in relation to:
- Fall Arrest Regulations And Equipment
- Fall Arrest Equipment
- The Limitations Of A Limited Range Of Fall Arrest Equipment
- Explaining the use of a range of fall arrest equipment and knowledge of applicable regulations.
- Explaining and using basic rope knots.
- Installing and using fall arrest systems.
- Inspecting and assembling fall arrest equipment and systems.
- Interpreting and implementing a fall protection plan.
- Performing basic fall arrest rescues to bring a casualty down to safety