The training is intended for those who will be in charge of ensuring the security and well-being of those who will be working at heights and at risk of injury from a fall. The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires that fall protection plans be developed for individuals working at heights, and this course will provide learners with the information, abilities, and understanding to do so. (Act 85 of 1993).
- Various activities will be completed during class as well as for homework.
- Written assessment and practical exercise to be completed at the end of the course
- Learners need to achieve a minimum of 60%.
Delegates will be equipped with the skills and knowledge in relation to:
- Fall Arrest Regulations And Equipment
- Fall Arrest Equipment
- The Limitations Of A Limited Range Of Fall Arrest Equipment
- Explaining the use of a range of fall arrest equipment and knowledge of applicable regulations.
- Performing a risk assessment of the worksite where work is to be done at height.
- Demonstrating knowledge of fall arrest rescue equipment and advanced fall arrest rescue.
- Developing a fall protection plan and fall arrest plan.
- Managing the safety of personnel working at heights