The level 3 first aid course is an advanced first aid course, the highest first aid level that can be achieved. It is recommended that all workplace supervisors, people with hazardous occupations, and people without easy access to healthcare services attend training on level 3 first aid.
This unit standard is to enable the first responder to react to emergencies at an advanced first aid level, until the arrival of more professional emergency personnel.
- Various activities will be completed during class as well as for homework.
- Written assessment and practical exercise to be completed at the end of the course
- Learners need to achieve a minimum of 60%.
The course equips learners with the basic principles of assessing an emergency situation, contacting the emergency services as quickly as possible and while awaiting their arrival, candidates will be able to perform basic skills required to sustain life. Learners will be able to:
- First Aid And The Law
- First Aid And Safety
- Infectious Diseases
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Secondary Assessment
- Anatomy And Physiology
- Medical Emergencies
- Medical Conditions
- Injury Emergencies
- Transportation of a Casualty
- Environmental Emergencies
- Advanced First Aid Theory
- Emergency Child Birth